Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Milky Way rising

During my 15 peak challenge weekend in Wales we had the good fortune to have perfect conditions for a bit of Astro photography. The pristine, light pollution free skies of Snowdonia provided the perfect opportunity to get a bit of practice in. In the photo below, the Milky way can be seen rising over the horizon. I plan to do some more Astro work as its quite satisfying with almost guaranteed dramatic results, once done correctly of course! I'm primarily a doc and travel tog so landscapes and astro shots are not my forté but luckily for me I was with adventure and landscape tog David Tidman and after some good pointers from him on getting my focus range right, I was away. The biggest issue I had was using the live view on my camera and it not being sensitive enough to pick up starlight to focus on. I had to work around it and got some results but overall I'd like to find someway to boost the video gain in live view so if you have any tips... drop me a mail.
Milkyway rising

No comments:

Post a Comment